Friday, May 20, 2011

What a long day it has been...

     Ok, I know it seems like I whine a lot.. but today it is needed.  I am sick!  Sooooo sick!  Last night I did everything in my power to stop coughing and fall asleep.  No luck until almost 5:30 am this morning.  So there I am sleeping like a baby when all of a sudden another coughing attack hits me.  Bare in mind by this time its 6:40am.  Yep, I got one hour and 10 minutes of sleep last night.  So I cough and cough and cough, which seems like its never going to end, and the pain well lets just say it was bad.  I go into the living room so I don't wake the hubby and sit there as my daughter gets ready for school.  From 6:45 or so till 8:00 am I am sitting on my cough just trying to catch my breath.  It felt like I was drowning.  But I'm a Mom, so I dealt with it till Destiny got on the school bus.  Straight to the ER we went.  By this time I'm light headed and dizzy and just all around weak from lack of sleep, so I'm really in no mood for ignorance.  They take my BP and say oh its a bit high, all I could do was sit there looking at him thinking to myself, I just told you I was worried I was going to die because I could not breath and every time I cough it feels like my lungs are on fire.  Thankfully his questions did not last long. 
     I love our ER.  Most ER's you go in and wait and wait and then wait some more to be seen.  Anytime I have ever gone to their ER I have gotten out and on my way home within two hours.  That includes the wait time in the waiting room. 
     So they bring us back and give me a gown, and I wait literally like 3 minutes and here is the doctor.  That totally reassured me.  We went through the usual talk and questions and this guy actually listened!  It was so nice to have a doctor not just assume that because I am not a doctor that I don't know my own body.  He called for a chest x-ray and they came and got me within 5 minutes.  There really should be more ER's that run like this.  Within 30 minutes or so the results were in.  I have got a viral infection in my lungs.  They gave me a triple dose of steroids and a double dose of a breathing treatment and sent me on my way with my prescription.  This visit was actually faster than normal, we were out of there in 45 minutes.  Yayyyyy!!!
     Here comes my whining and moaning.  My mom is coming for a visit next week and I cannot be sick when she is here.  She is just too susceptible to these things.  The doctor says it could take 7-10 days before I feel any better.  Please God let me be better by the time she gets here.  I really need some Mom time.  The whole visit is planned out.  Thursday is Destiny's 5k run that we will be in the bleachers supporting her, and then Friday is the real fun.  We are having a crawfish boil.  For all of you northerners please go ahead and Google it now.. DELISH!!!!!  As a southern girl living in Michigan, it isn't very often that I get some good seafood.  AND SPICE!!!  Oh God, I can't wait for the spice.  Food is just not the same up here.  I pray that by that time I won't be congested anymore and I can actually taste it.
     Tonight for example the hubby comes to me and says,"Babe, what would you like for dinner?"  Ummmm hellllloooo honey, you know I am completely congested and can't taste anything, so how about you choose dinner tonight.  That was a no go, so now as I sit here typing this blog I am trying to come up with something that is different that sounds good.  I have no idea.  Just drawing blanks.  So, I guess I should probably wrap this up and figure something out.  Just wanted to update the blog with whats up today.

Till next time....

Linz

No comments: